Blogs are just like web pages and are read by the search engine according to these factors. Your text should include the following:
1. Keep you text length around 100 to 250 words to make it easy to read by both your audience and search engine robots.
2. Use Bold, Italics, Upper Case, and links to point out to search engines the importance of those specific keywords.
3. Put Keywords in a bulleted list somewhere on the page to stress the importance of those words.
4. Find out what keywords are being used most often in peoples searches and make a point to follow item #2 above. A free Keyword Tool tool like Word Tracker will be helpful to find out what people are searching for.
5. Try to do one content or text page or blog per day.